A Gift

" ....'I'd like a gift,' said Maria.
...'Instead of buying something that you would like to have, I'm giving you something that is mine, truly mine. A gift. A sign of respect for the person before me, asking him to understand how important it is to be by his side. Now he has a small part of me with him, which I gave him with my free spontaneous will.'
...The giving of gifts. Giving something of one's own. Giving something important rather than asking. You have my treasure. I have your treasure. ......"


"Eleven Minutes" by Paulo Coelho.

When I started reading the book, I found it too bland. Vulgarly bland. I wanted to give up on the book. That's when I started realising the essence of it. It wasn't about a prostitute. It was about a strong willed woman. It wasn't about sex. It was about love.
A simple thing like a gift which you know how speacial it is, has been described so beautifully.
It's about rediscovering emotions.

Comments

  1. Talking about gifts, there's one for you lying in my room. Remind me sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:26 am

    Surely you mean blunt, or bland. I'm fairly certain there is no such word as blant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You discovered the golden rule... every book has something to like about... it always does....

    ReplyDelete
  4. @amrit
    yeay.. I'm getting a gift!

    @anon
    pointed noted and corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @puppet
    agreed. but i cudnt finish the 'fountain head' though

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds beautiful. I did not like The Alchemist so I gave up on his works. I think I'll give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. leela: dont even dare,
    but if U so feel like, try
    "the witch of portbello"
    its written in a very very diff manner.,


    2 fairy:
    U cudn finish fountainhead,
    the first time i read it 100pages wre too much for me.,
    gave it up for a few months, then re read the 100pages again, then the next 600in 3days, kinda went mad, it was my 3rd or 4th buk though..


    n ya if U wanna try some authors, try
    RK narayanan, fyodor dostoevsky.,
    just read this book called "the little prince "

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh.
    was sorta expecting this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @leela
    honestly its not beautiful... the feeling doesnt last...

    @madman
    will try the little prince soon

    @naresh
    muahahaha... but donworry the feeling dint last...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment