Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Periwinkle Paradise

I had an one hour exam at 8 in the morning. So I decided to wake up at 6 to refresh my memory.
I woke up at 6. It was cold. So cold that I didn't want to get out of bed. I snoozed till 6.15. Then it got so cold I couldn't have the fan on. I got up to switch off the fan when I realised that it was raining. Not pouring, not drizzling, just raining. But again I was cold and lazy, so I snuggled into my blanket and slept.
I finally did manage to wake up, mug up, and present myself in the exam room enough to manage the exam.

The place where I had to go was about a fifteen minute walk from my hostel. The pathway to get there is beautiful with trees that plunge into arcs blocking the road from the sun. I usually admire the beauty on my way (when I do manage to way up for classes). But today I was in a hurry to reach early for the exam. I didn't notice any of it.

My finished writing the paper in about 20 minutes and I was out in 25. Then I didn't know what to do. On the way back, through one the pathways is my next class at 9. So I was casually taking a walk. Since it rained in the morn, the sun was a dim shower of rays and it was a pleasant morning, with tiny puddles on the wet road.

On the road side, by the mud there grew many bushes. One of them bore periwinkles, dark pinkish periwinkles. I had seen them many a times. But today, they were beautiful. The rain drops from the morning rain were still upon them. Tiny beauties they were, fresh as the dew, washed by the morning shower.


5 comments:

  1. Well A. Its not raining here... B. Its very very VEYR hot and C. I have a cold in this weather... What else can I ask for....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey... It rained heavily here last night.... Such tht I couldnt walk up to my car in the parkin lot and had to wait for quite a while... I still have tht cold... And now the spelling check is getting irritaitng... All I see is red marks... As if I m goin through an exam...

    And of course hon you are always there on the list... Thats something unsaid... So I prefer to leave it tht way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @puppet
    u asked for the rain didnt u

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I have stopped dem,anding stuff... I just let things pleasantly surprise me.... Ooooooor horrifically disappoint me....

    ReplyDelete