Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Hometown

As I was mentioning in my last post, I m confused as to which city do I say I belong to.

I was born in the city where my mother's parents live, but I was brought up in Visakhapatnam where I stayed for the first 18 years of my life.
I studied in a hostel for 4 years in Chennai where in the first one year I went home to Visakhapatnam but for the next three years I mostly went to Bangalore for hols where my sister works and my mother often visited.

Now I m studying in a hostel in Kolkata.
Now my sister still works in Bangalore.
She is married to a guy who works in Seattle.
My father is transferred to and is working in Hyderabad.
And I m going to Hyderabad for New Year.

So next time I introduce myself do I say I m from Hyderabad ??


In my cell phone, my house number in Vizag is still stored as "Home" though disconnected and my house number in Hyd is stored as "Home Hyd".

3 comments:

  1. Lol, I've the same confusion. I've realized that nobody actually cares which city you're from- at leaset, not as much as you do. My new strat is to as them where they're from first. And then pick the place closest :P Followed by "but right now I study in.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can say you are from visakhapatnam, because that's where you've spent most of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @The Dryad, jam
    I shall always say I m from Visakhapatnam. I just cannot belong anywhere else :)

    ReplyDelete