Thursday, March 18, 2010

About Love



I read yesterday a book called “To Sir, With Love” by E. R. Braithwaite (autobiographical). I have heard of the book before but without much notice. I liked it. It was good. It taught a great deal. It wasn’t as moving as claimed on the book but that was probably because it is 2010 and a good 50 years since the book was written.

On the first page of the book there is a description of ‘the class’ and ‘the teacher’. It was obviously written to attract any reader. But I found the description somewhat misleading. The description of ‘the class’ can be stated as grossly wrong. And if I were the author, I would feel hurt about such descriptions.

The publisher should have taken care of that. However much one would like to spice it up it must not be ‘wrong’.

2 comments:

  1. its in my 'to read' list. i've been planning to read this book for very long time! i hope i'll find some time soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jam
    You might really like.

    ReplyDelete