Vacation, After a Long Time


I can’t remember the last time I took a vacation. Sure, I did have fun in New York when I went to study in Boston and traveled to Ediburgh when I went to work in London. But I am talking about a real vacation, like those during summer holidays when you have free time and you travel with family and see you places or when you catch with your relatives and spend weeks together and have no connection to the outside world except say once in three days or something.

On the night of Holi, I took off on a tiny little Jet Konnect to Chennai for a two week long trip that included three countries and was planned to end very eventfully (it did) with my parents on my last eligible vacation my dad could take me on. Aboard the flight, the non-Indian pilot Ryan was kind enough to point it out to everyone that to our left, the moon was rising in the horizon. It was the biggest, brightest, rounded, rising yellow moon I have ever seen, crystal clear through the heavenly skies. But they do say that about Holi, that is it the brightest full moon of the year.

Image courtesy: stargazing.net (sadly, I didn't have my camera)


Now what follows is a series of blogposts about the trip. Oh, and All Hail SBI!

Comments