Going to school...

I might seem like I am just saying this because I don't like change, but I feel that schools today are a bit over the top, trying to give information to children rather than educating them.
I loved school as a child ! I loved it that I could meet all my friends and hang out with them. Classes weren't very difficult and teachers wanted to teach you and guide you and be part of your lives as people. I was trying to remember how I fell in love with school and I remembered I wasn't always like this. I hated school once upon a time.

Just as any child made to go somewhere and be told to do things made me hate school to begin with. Well, hate is a strong word, may be more like dislike. So one morning when I was six years old, it was pouring like crazy. My autowalla did not come to pick me up. And surprisingly I was very upset that I was getting late to school and I just had to go to school! My dad got dressed but he said it's raining so badly may be it's not a great idea to go in this weather. Any kid's dream, right? But no, I insisted I had to go. So my dad took me to school in the pouring rain, me in my rubbery raincoat. And when we reached there, we found out that the school is closed for the day because of the rain. I heard the watchman say it to my dad, but I refused to believe it. I kept saying I came to school, I should be able to attend it. Finally, my dad dragged me back home and for whatever reason, I burst into tears saying I really want to go to school. And my dad and mom laughed while I sat there crying. And when I stopped my mom asked me why I cried. And I said I love school. I don't want to sit at home. I want to go to school!
Now that I think about it, it does feel silly but it was a moment of realisation for me. I wish could be six again, so I could relive my realisation of my love for school and I didn't even know it!

I so wish all the six-year-olds fall in love with their schools too. It would be sad if they grew up resenting school.


This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Update: I can now flaunt my WOW Badge !!!

Comments