The City

The City of London!
Intern diaries is open once again!




The adventures began at 11am on November 4th 2009 when I got an internship offer, I was not told of the location. It could one of three locations: Singapore, HK or London.

There was a time when I was told I was going to HK.

Then there was a day when I received an email saying I am going to London.

And then there was a time when I applied for my visa to the UK.

And then there was a time when 3/4th left while I was stuck in the unfortunate 1/4th who didn't receive their visa yet.

I was sent to Mumbai temporarily.

And then I was still among the 2 people not to receive their visa.

And then on the last day of the 8th week from applying for a visa, I received my visa.

It was sent to my house in Hyderabad.

12:00 / Tue : I received my visa at home.
3:30 / Tue : I leave office in Mumbai
7:00 /Tue : I board my flight to Hyderabad
10:30 /Tue : My Hr calls to tell me my flight details to London when I haven't even reached home yet.
6:00 / Wed: I leave home to the airport with no print out of the ticket and not a penny or pound in hand.
9:00 / Wed: Board flight to Delhi (managed to get some pounds and a boarding pass of course)
11:45 / Wed: Reach Delhi
1:00 / Wed: Board flight to London
6:30/Wed (UK time): Reach London
8:15 / Wed: In cab after immigration to apartment
9:30 / Wed: Reach apartment in London

This is my first weekend and I am sleeping in.
Too tired to go out.
Hopefully, Saturday is a better day.

PS: Taj, Nariman and Colaba in a new post.


Comments

  1. Ha, will look forward to the next post then. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment